- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering
- Min. 5 years in international contracting
- Good English/Communication skills – liaising with clients and project site personnel involved on each contract – by telephone, email and other written correspondence
- Experience using and proficient with AutoCAD, MS Project (preferably Primavera)
- Experience using MS Office software packages
- Oversee the construction project from start to finish.
- Perform a key role in project planning, budgeting, and identification of resources needed.
- Devise the project work plans and make revisions as and when need arises.
- Communicate effectively with the contractors responsible for completing various phases of the project.
- Co-ordinate the efforts of all parties involved in the project, which include the architects, consultants, contractors, sub-contractors and laborers.
- Monitor the progress of the construction activities on a regular basis and hold regular status meetings with all the sub-teams.
- Maintain strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, quality and safety standards.
- Identify the elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims.
- Serve as a key link with the clients and review the deliverable prepared by the team before passing onto client.
Technical Office Engineer
- University degree in Civil Engineering/ Construction
- 2-5 years of experience in a construction company, preferably on larger projects
- Excellent English communication skills, both oral and written; German is an advantage
- Proficient in computer skills – Microsoft Office; MS Project and Autocad; PRIMAVERA is an advantage
- Identifying additional works and obtaining addendums to contracts for construction sites
- Analysis & recognition of risks and opportunities, developing the strategies for construction projects in tender phase
- Provide and gather all the required technical documents such as drawings, manuals and instructions for the construction team.
- Conduct quantity surveying for all executed works
- Prepare and follow-up the documentation for claims and variation order and follow-up the documentation
- Ensure that all drawings, documentation and records in use are reviewed and approved
- Ensure the implementation of the Project Quality Plan
- Prepare time schedule for executed work versus planned
- Follow up and log the cashing of invoices from the client
- Preparing monthly report presenting the current situation of executed work
- Define and implement corrective actions where deficiencies are detected
- Planning and reporting site activities